ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Fishing Hotspots and locations => Topic started by: SAfish on October 05, 2010, 07:03:57 PM

Title: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 05, 2010, 07:03:57 PM
It is my wedding 12th anniversary on the 17th of October and I have booked a place at Ballots Bay. The house belongs to my employer and I get it at a special rate.  :happ:
Ballots Bay is a private estate and only home owners and their guests have access. I have been here only once before on a scouting mission and this time I know what to expect. It is still a bit early in the season but I am hopeful to catch some beeeg fishies!!
Check out the photos from my previous visit.
 
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: REEFMAN on October 05, 2010, 07:36:19 PM
So when do we leave? Sheesh place looks awesome, like a Sanctuary!
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 05, 2010, 08:08:04 PM
Haha, next Friday 15:00 be here! Tony, this place is gem! No TV and no radio for the whole weekend.
You should recognise this photo, it was also taken there. Pure magic.
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: REEFMAN on October 05, 2010, 08:11:39 PM
That photo is a classic! Won a prize if my memory serves? Fantastic pauzzie Hermann - I'll leave you and your missus to your 12th honeymoon. Hope you're allowed to do some fishing bru?!
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 05, 2010, 08:31:35 PM
Yes, that is the same photo. What do you mean by: "Hope you're allowed to do some fishing bru?!" The 17th is the Sunday and we are going there on the Friday. That is what I call good planning.  :hehe: My wife knew she was marrying a man obsessed with fishing and after 12 years we are still going strong.  :happ:
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: Lichia amia on October 06, 2010, 07:51:54 AM
SAFISH congrads on the 12 seasons. Does look like a gem of a place. Enjoy !!!
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: icstuff on October 06, 2010, 08:12:51 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary!

BTW does the company you work for have space for one more obsessed fisherman?
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 06, 2010, 06:08:32 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

@ icstuff - it gets better .... we are having an inter-company deep sea competition on the 30th. My employer just got his new 28ft Buttcat!!  :happ:
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: icstuff on October 08, 2010, 08:14:19 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

@ icstuff - it gets better .... we are having an inter-company deep sea competition on the 30th. My employer just got his new 28ft Buttcat!!  :happ:

I hate my life...
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: 1309sg on October 12, 2010, 03:45:38 PM
Congrats SAfish!!

Ballots is an amazing place. I once had the chance to stay in the last house on your right before the beach in the 'mouth'. Despite the steps it was an awesome experience. Caught a load of shad and got spooled by an absolute bus about 50 yards to the right of that rock. Had siffie on at the time so you can imagine the nightmares I have about that fish. Reel was a Penn 49 and a 'dik' rod!

Enjoy!!
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 12, 2010, 05:44:45 PM
Thanks, I can't wait for the weekend. So far the weather looks like it is going to play along. I know that house and we call it the tree house because of all the stairs. I am going to see if I can hook into a Cracker or Kob but I will take anything that wants to eat my bait.  fshg
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on October 14, 2010, 09:26:30 PM
That is it boys everything is packed and come tomorrow 3pm I just need to collect my bait at Breezers and I am off to Ballots Bay! We had some bad weather but the forecast for the weekend looks good. I hope I will have some photos of big fish to share with you guys on Monday. This place has got one draw back though ..... NO TV!  :unhap I will have to listen to the rugby (if I'm not fishing  :hehe:) on the radio like in the old days.
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on May 07, 2011, 10:36:07 AM
We are going to Ballots Bay again this coming weekend and I hope the Galjoen are fat. I am also going to do some drop shot and want to put a live bait out on a float to see if there are still some Leeries around.   :fshn: :grk: :blktl: :gljn: :shd:
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: CLS on May 07, 2011, 10:44:26 AM
Where the pics from the last outing ??. oops forgot it was your 12th wedding anniversary. :tite
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on May 07, 2011, 10:53:24 AM
 :hehe:
You can't go to a fishing paradise and not fish!
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,2372.msg24518.html#msg24518 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,2372.msg24518.html#msg24518)
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: Kumz on May 09, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
So when do we leave? Sheesh place looks awesome, like a Sanctuary!

ROAD TRIP ??? :clwn
Title: Re: Ballots Bay
Post by: SAfish on May 11, 2011, 05:53:52 PM

ROAD TRIP ??? :clwn
  :win:  :fshn: :grk: :shd:  :blktl:  :gljn:  :stray:  :shrk:  :brnz:

I want to see how many different species I can catch in one day. I am only going to fish for eds but will take anything that takes my bait.  (clap)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal