ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => DIY Forum => Topic started by: John F on April 08, 2016, 08:13:46 AM

Title: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
Post by: John F on April 08, 2016, 08:13:46 AM
Made a bunch of these clips last night, with 1.5 mm s/s wire and 0.5 Oz cigar sinkers.

The idea is to attach bait (well mainly halfbeaks, but also strip baits!) and populate my DIY dredge bar I built some time ago (×2 actually)... http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17419.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17419.0)

Will also mix a bit with Mcarthy pearl 6" paddle tails.

will see how it goes...
Title: Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
Post by: Cam Mundy on April 08, 2016, 02:40:32 PM
Have you pulled the Dredge yet Jon? I see you haven't really got much weight on it most have a lump of lead in the middle to get them down under the water.
Title: Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
Post by: John F on April 09, 2016, 07:19:32 AM
No, I haven't pulled it yet. But I know what you mean. I actually have weights that attach to the front dredge exactly for that reason. They are not as fancy as the ones available commercially.... I just made an oversized cigar weight (like a high speed trolling sinker) and made a SS clip. Can attach different size weights till I get the right one.


Here's a pic of the sinkers I'll be using (26 Oz, should be enough)...
Title: Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
Post by: CLS on April 09, 2016, 04:51:45 PM
Please explain how it works
Title: Re: John F's DIY: Dredge clips
Post by: John F on April 09, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
Please explain how it works

Please check this thread http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17419.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17419.0)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal