ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => Inshore Boating => Topic started by: bos suzi on July 26, 2015, 03:25:50 PM
-
Good day Guys.
I just want some info on boating at witsand.
I have heard that there is alot of zambesi's there .
So my question is I have a 3.3m fully inflatable rubber duck and a 15hp outboard.
So this is asking for big problems?
Will it be a good idea to rather try and get a fiberglass boat to fit the engine on, or is 15hp too small anyway for witsamd?
Any help regarding safety on boats with regards to sharks pleas.
Thanx
-
Please guys,
any comments at all?
-
You should be fine with the duck. I would be more worried about weather conditions than the sharks. Yes, they are there but you should be ok unless you hook one.
This my personal opinion and T&C apply. :hehe: :appr:
-
Hi Bos Suzi, as mentioned, you should be quite safe. As far as I know there has never been an attack on people, animals or boats on that river. Before that 650 kg one was caught, people used to swim in the river with their dogs, me included, and nothing ever happened. Those sharks are more interested in your catch than anything else. They have adopted the habit of lying under an anchored boat and wait for the angler to pull in a fish, which they grab. There is enough food in the Breede to keep them happy, so don't worry about them. Enjoy the fishing.
-
Thank you GUPPIGETTA
This really helps, I am very exited about the trip,and without a boat it feels much more limited.