ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Rock and Surf Traces and Rigs => Topic started by: REEFMAN on June 28, 2010, 01:08:56 PM
-
Use when fishing rocky areas where you don't want to lose a fish through a sinker becoming snagged. The extra swivel on the mainline allows the fish to pull the sinker loose...
The Limited Sliding Sinker Trace
(courtesy of Greg Kellerman)
(http://africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/TRACES/Limited_Slide_Trace.jpg)
-
Here is a little sliding clip you can make your self to dump the sinker if you have a fish on and the sinker is stuck. I use it on the normal running trace, but i insert a bead first that stops at the leader knot (+/- 8meter) from your hook swivel. This gives the fish some distance to take the bait and when hooked and the sinker is stuck it will release there, dumping the sinker and leaving you to fight the fish freely.
-
Excellent idea Sailfish! Where do get those 'release clips' from? Do you make them yourself?
-
Reefs you should see the man in action when he makes these clips.
-
Here is a little sliding clip you can make your self to dump the sinker .................
Nice one Sailfish! What type of wire do you use?
-
Nice one Sailfish! What type of wire do you use?
Ahoy there. I use 1.5mm galvanised wire or 1.2mm stainless. Takes me 20sec to make one. :rck" :rck"
-
Awesome little gadget (and I am a man who loves workable gadgets). Going to try and make me some of those things!!! Not sure how I missed this post when it was first published.
-
Great idea Sailfish, you're a smart fella. I think many rock/gully anglers will put this to the test. (clap)