ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => DIY Forum => Topic started by: Cappy on November 21, 2014, 03:05:00 PM
-
Hi there
Ive been searching for a good set of plans to build a houseboat similar to the ones in the pics attached. I am yet to come across something which has a cutting list and it is not due to a lack of being willing to pay for plans - perhaps just poor googling.
If anyone has a link which could assist, i would really appreciate it.
Cappy
:fshn:
-
:welc: Dunno if these help?
https://www.google.co.za/search?q=free+plans+for+building+a+houseboat&rlz=1T4SMSN_enZA415ZA425&biw=911&bih=444&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yUVvVPuKHc2xab7ggYAD&ved=0CCIQsAQ (https://www.google.co.za/search?q=free+plans+for+building+a+houseboat&rlz=1T4SMSN_enZA415ZA425&biw=911&bih=444&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yUVvVPuKHc2xab7ggYAD&ved=0CCIQsAQ)
http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/house-boat-plans.html#where (http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/house-boat-plans.html#where)
-
Thanks for the response. I came across both search results but unfortunatrly dont include in depth plans with cutting lists.
Cappy
-
Cool Boet, sorry for that I'll try and find something a bit more definitive?
-
http://www.marinedynamix.com.au/ (http://www.marinedynamix.com.au/)
-
Here's a link just scroll through should help you. Oh and :welc:
http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/house-boat-plans.html (http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/house-boat-plans.html)
-
Thank you, peter. A beautiful set of boats on that site. However, may exceed the budget range I could invest in it. I appreciate the effort on your part, but please dont go outta your way - just figured that someone out there will have had this dilemma in the past or have more insight in this regard. Hoping to make this a one year 'weekend build' project before taking it down to keurbooms. It needs a roof my wife can tan on and i need a small spot to braai, cast a line and pour a scotch. I included both pics as the one is too short (20ft) and the other is too long. Im sure i can eventually tweak a build, but 24ft is an ideal size.
Cappy
-
Go with the flow! Convert your table boat in your avatar - like in the pic below :creep:
-
Maybe this one is still for sale.
http://welkom.olx.co.za/house-boat-iid-720212635 (http://welkom.olx.co.za/house-boat-iid-720212635)
http://klerksdorp.olx.co.za/special-house-boat-urgent-sale-iid-720398381 (http://klerksdorp.olx.co.za/special-house-boat-urgent-sale-iid-720398381)
-
No problem, I hope that you find what you're looking for :rck"
-
My brother used to build them he still has the moulds in storage he may be willing to help you out if he's not to busy.
-
There you go and Rory it a top oke (clap)
-
Camundy do you have photos
-
hey chaps just had a look for the first time at the forum for over a week as have been fishing at sodwana this is what i build what would you like to know
-
smaller open plan one
-
Thanks for all the responses. Rory, firstly, such beautiful boats. Could you message me a pricelist. I wanted to build my own as a project, but am curious now...
-
the big one was around a Bar depending on finishing the smaller ones around R400 I have 3 pontoons and a few components to make a cracker of a house boat for sale if you interested
-
here they are
-
what ever you do dont use 210 lt drums for your pontoons or floats