ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Rock and Surf Fishing Reports => Topic started by: WJ on November 05, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

Title: A little surprise
Post by: WJ on November 05, 2014, 02:24:53 PM
A blanking spell of nearly 2 weeks drove me to the waters edge this weekend past. On arriving at a spot on the Jikeleza route my hopes were shattered.
What greeted me was a huge sea and a 14 second wave period....jip big surge.
Anyways it isn't always about catching a fish....so I though I would make the most of it and go to one of the deepwater points. The idea was to look for a smallish duskie or spottie.
So first up I made a mackiehead throwbait....on hitting the water the rod was pulled down, not by a fish but by the rip that the surge created. It was bad....I left it for about 20minutes, and then proceeded to open a cold one. That was about the only action I will get....so I thought.


After 40 minutes I seriously contemplated to reel out and rather fish for rockfish in the pools....


Well not long after that my rod got hit. I am not going to say the fish put up a decent fight, that would be a lie. The Salina 16000 man handled the poor thing, but at least now I know how strong the grinder combo is. The result was aa 58cm forklength Poensie. I was really chuffed with the fish, it was a great way to start the month.
On the next throw I got a leopard catshark and then after that a lost shad....it had a close encounter with a shark not to long ago...amazing to see how resilient these fish are. All fish were released and swam away strong....all in all a brilliant fishing day for myself.
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: SAfish on November 05, 2014, 02:43:44 PM
 (clap) Great Poensie, it is still on my bucket list. That Shad must have had a strong will to survive with such a large injury.
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: REEFMAN on November 05, 2014, 03:35:28 PM
Nice WJ!  (clap)
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Marthin on November 05, 2014, 03:49:15 PM
Netjies Pavarotti.... Daai size poensie is nou my volgende een op die to do lys....
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: WJ on November 05, 2014, 04:03:12 PM
Budgie loop dubbel K senter A....lol
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Charles on November 05, 2014, 04:21:04 PM
Great stuff WJ! Nice poensie! Some serious injury to the shad.
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Umpa Lumpa on November 05, 2014, 08:20:19 PM
Lekker report WJ  (clap)
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Lofty on November 05, 2014, 08:41:08 PM
well done on the catches,and releases... :Like: :+ cred:
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Kent on November 06, 2014, 08:57:39 AM
 :udman: ..NICE Willie........BUT a coffee ???...No man!!!..... :hehe:
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: WJ on November 06, 2014, 09:45:22 AM
:udman: ..NICE Willie........BUT a coffee ???...No man!!!..... :hehe:
Kent I still prefer my multiplier when I want distance and strength...still can not get the same distance with the coffee than with my Saltist or 20/40.
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Kent on November 06, 2014, 10:12:40 AM
:udman: ..NICE Willie........BUT a coffee ???...No man!!!..... :hehe:
Kent I still prefer my multiplier when I want distance and strength...still can not get the same distance with the coffee than with my Saltist or 20/40.
:hnthnt: ..See now.....that 20/40......I suggest ...add sugar to that coffee and stir.... :hehe: ...Coz it will never be as sweet as that 20/40
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Seventenths on November 06, 2014, 02:07:29 PM
Nice one WJ a poensie from the bricks is a real treasure nowdays - well done!
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: Lenny on November 06, 2014, 03:47:46 PM
Well flipped done man !! Nice to reap rewards .
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: RobinF on November 11, 2014, 06:41:57 PM
Well done on the releases!  :+ cred:
Title: Re: A little surprise
Post by: WalkersKiller on November 13, 2014, 09:31:36 AM
Awesome Poensie!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal