ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => Inshore Boating => Topic started by: Ziggy on October 26, 2014, 10:21:16 AM
-
A friend and I went to Port St Johns for four days this week for a bit of fishing on the Umzimvubu river. What a spot!
the view down river
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/DSC_0751_zpsd49a5514.jpg)
The view up river
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/psj22_zpsd53562c6.jpg)
the view from my fishing perch!
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/DSC_0758_zps02fef2b5.jpg)
at the mouth
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/DSC_0766_zps2c21bd12.jpg)
Out of the four days - we could not fish on one day because of huge winds. The rest of the time was not ideal but fishable. We did not catch many fish, but we did catch some quality!
besides the biggest grunter that was badly hooked (taken home to mama), all fish were released
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/Agrunter2_zpsca640afc.jpg)
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/chrisgrunter_zps5990ee83.jpg)
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/garrick_zps1a4e6c94.jpg)
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/AGrunter1_zps7666833c.jpg)
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/chirsgarrick_zps23eaf69e.jpg)
Grunters were caught on sardine belly and the garrick on these lures
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/DSC_0750_zps4c944bfa.jpg)
(http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag365/stelcom/DSC_0748_zps050f8840.jpg)
`
-
wow,some nice sized Grunters there Ziggy,well done,nice Leeries too... (clap) can you tell us what those lures are called and weight please..?
-
Nice report Ziggy and great fish too! Ehete did you guys stay?
-
wow,some nice sized Grunters there Ziggy,well done,nice Leeries too... (clap) can you tell us what those lures are called and weight please..?
Top pic: - Rapala X-Rap SXR14 BSRD (blue sardine) long casting suspending 14cm 43 g http://www.startackle.com/rapala-slashbait-p-6174.html?st=en (http://www.startackle.com/rapala-slashbait-p-6174.html?st=en)
bottom pic: CID SLIMBAIT MACKERAL 30g http://www.basilmanning.co.za/lures/cid-shiverstick-slimbait/cid-slimbait-175mm.html (http://www.basilmanning.co.za/lures/cid-shiverstick-slimbait/cid-slimbait-175mm.html)
-
Nice report Ziggy and great fish too! Ehete did you guys stay?
we stayed at Cremorne - a but pricy but convenient launch and jetty and washing bay for the boat- and we did not have to cater for ourselves
-
Beautiful place and nice catches Ziggy. You guys at the coast have all the options and opportunity, I'm jealous.
-
Beautiful place and nice catches Ziggy. You guys at the coast have all the options and opportunity, I'm jealous.
Ja - dit is lekker by die see (maar dikwels sê die vissies "nee" !!!!!)
Port St John's is still a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive away for Durbanites!
-
Nice Grunter there Ziggy... If it didn't have a tail and fins I woulda called it a pig :-)
Very lekker place by the looks of things. How did the prop issues work out?
-
:tkx: AM GREEN WITH ENVY . wish I was closer, :toppie:
-
Well done Ziggy, quality fish indeed.
-
Great catches Ziggy well done (clap)
-
Nice Grunter there Ziggy... If it didn't have a tail and fins I woulda called it a pig :-)
Very lekker place by the looks of things. How did the prop issues work out?
I have left the new lower pitch prop on for now - still does the same thing at speed - so I just tap off. I kept in on for slow trolling in PSJ
-
Some great catches Ziggy well done, and thank you for the report and :clfoto:
-
Awesome fish and great report. (clap)
-
lofty - the lure in the top pic: - Rapala X-Rap SXR14 BSRD (blue sardine) long casting suspending 14cm 43 g
see http://www.startackle.com/rapala-slashbait-p-6174.html?st=en (http://www.startackle.com/rapala-slashbait-p-6174.html?st=en)
I amended the post above
-
thanks Ziggy,got it,but for some reason the startackle link doesn't work... :dunno: will try find it here in my "dorpie"...43 grms is quite good,that's about 1,5ounce... :tkx:
-
thanks Ziggy,got it,but for some reason the startackle link doesn't work... :dunno: will try find it here in my "dorpie"...43 grms is quite good,that's about 1,5ounce... :tkx:
try these links
http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/x-rapandreg-saltwater/X+Rap+Saltwater.html (http://www.rapala.com/rapala/lures/x-rapandreg-saltwater/X+Rap+Saltwater.html)
http://www.basilmanning.co.za/lures/rapala/rapala-x-rap-sxr-14-bsrd.html (http://www.basilmanning.co.za/lures/rapala/rapala-x-rap-sxr-14-bsrd.html)
-
Some awesome catches there Ziggs !!!
Well done !!!
-
(clap) .. nice catches Ziggy .. :clfoto:
-
Well done lads! Just please, whatever you do, don't ever swim in that estuary!! :brnz: