ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => DIY Forum => Topic started by: Hammer on March 06, 2014, 09:53:32 PM

Title: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: Hammer on March 06, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Hi Guy's,

I'm not sure if this has been done on the forum yet but this what I use on my boat for my lures.

It is a simple bucket converted to carry lures that you use the most, It enables you to find them and change them quickly. After you have used a lure you just hang it in the bucket and it drip dries. I also rollup my konas and even my bottom traces and throw them in. When you beach you take the bucket of lures and rinse them under fresh water and let them dry. Then you put elastics around the hooks and pack them away. You can secure the bucket anywhere on the deck of your boat. Your other lures can stay in your lure bag out of the way.

I'm not going to explain it step by step because the pictures will do it.
 
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: Hammer on March 06, 2014, 09:56:06 PM
Last 2pictures
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: isivuba on March 06, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
 :win: Mike and thanks for showing :+ cred:
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: iNdlovu on March 07, 2014, 07:02:40 AM
Good one, thanks Mike
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: CLS on March 07, 2014, 08:56:23 AM
Where does one get those buckets ???
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: lebaka on March 07, 2014, 08:58:00 AM
get some  :+ cred: cool idea
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: PH on March 07, 2014, 09:02:30 AM
Where does one get those buckets ???

Chris "Just Plastic" in Springfield (in the shopping centre opposite Makro) has various sizes.
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: CLS on March 07, 2014, 09:07:13 AM
 :corrct: thanks a lot, will go there on the way home before I hit Kings  w;k
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: John F on March 07, 2014, 09:09:22 AM
Nice one Mike! Very neat!  :+ cred:

I did a similar bucket for my used lures on the boat. Instead of an "elaborated lid" (or in case you lose it), I just cut several slits around the top edge of the bucket... that's where the hooks of the rappies are secured. The rest of the lures (konas, birds, etc.) are tossed in the middle.

This way you get to store a lot of rappies and they don't get tangled so much (depending on the number you use!). Here's an edited version of one of your pics to show what I mean.
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: Hammer on March 07, 2014, 09:26:15 AM
Hi Marcos, that will also work. I just worry about the hooks scratching the lures.
Title: Re: Lure Bucket For Your Boat
Post by: John F on March 07, 2014, 09:31:44 AM
Don't worry about scratching them lures!  :hyst:

These guys will do it for you  :wahoo: :cout: :dor: :yft:

And remember... a scratched lure is a productive lure! :hnthnt:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal