ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Dropshot fishing => Topic started by: Wildcat 1 on February 02, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Title: Dropshot Fishing looking for a nice spot..
Post by: Wildcat 1 on February 02, 2014, 03:03:21 PM
Hi Guys

I need  some advice, my dad and I have just started the dropshot thing. We have spent the $$$ got ourselves each a decent setup using Shimano Vengeance rods with little Shimano Sienna reels loaded with 20lb Whiplash. So I hope the setups are ok?

What I need to know is where is a nice place to start the training? We are from JHB and we are planning to go down to the coast this coming weekend for 3 days? We are easy we travel to Richards bay every second month as we have a boat as well so do a lot deep sea fishing.

This time we would like to leave the boat though and do some drop shot fishing off the beach. As I have said we are new to this so all the advice from the more serious and advanced drop shot anglers would be much appreciated.

So in short advice on where to go would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and  :tite to all...
Title: Re: Dropshot Fishing looking for a nice spot..
Post by: cswhitehead on February 02, 2014, 04:14:14 PM
if you are going to be dropshoting in richards bay your best bet would be the short pier early mornings especially if the tide is high. pelican island would be your second bet try both pelican island piers but also try the beach between the two piers.  dropshots to use would be 3 to 5 inch I prefer to use the mccarthy range of dropshots with my favourite colours being olive pearl, goldfish, chartreuse, orca. best retrieve would be a fast jerky one. if you fish the pier dont forget to let the dropshot sink a little but be ready as you some times get picked up on the drop.
Title: Re: Dropshot Fishing looking for a nice spot..
Post by: Wildcat 1 on February 04, 2014, 02:09:28 PM
 :+ cred: Mate thanks for the advice will certainly put to good use.  :udman:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal