ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => FW Fishing reports and Competitions => Topic started by: krissi on September 13, 2013, 10:59:44 AM
-
We have a small dam in our garden, which we have stocked with trout over the past 4 years (including some 2kg fish 2 years ago). My son spends a few minutes some evenings seeing what he can catch - mostly its this years stockies and occasionally a big one gives him a rev. Yesterday evening I heard him calling me and went to investigate. He had caught one of last years stockies - a nice cock fish around 1.2kg.
Now for the "catch" - he was using a no 16 circle and nougat for bait! He said he had dropped about 5 before he managed to hook that one. Guess our trout have a sweet tooth :rotfl . Unfortunately I had left my phone in the house so I didn't get a pic as he had already put the fish back.
-
Nice Krissi .
Yip , they eat some strange things . I have heard of :trout: being caught on Nik Naks , Dry Wors and a Kumz snack ( Spar bread rolls )
-
We have a small dam in our garden, which we have stocked with trout over the past 4 years (including some 2kg fish 2 years ago). My son spends a few minutes some evenings seeing what he can catch - mostly its this years stockies and occasionally a big one gives him a rev. Yesterday evening I heard him calling me and went to investigate. He had caught one of last years stockies - a nice cock fish around 1.2kg.
Now for the "catch" - he was using a no 16 circle and nougat for bait! He said he had dropped about 5 before he managed to hook that one. Guess our trout have a sweet tooth :rotfl . Unfortunately I had left my phone in the house so I didn't get a pic as he had already put the fish back.
Well done to your son (clap) (clap)
Lol it the simple thing Krissi, I think we put to much thinking into fishing trying to cover all the bases and forget that the fish do not read the book, forum etc that we read
-
:hehe: Awesome stuff!
-
Best trout fly is the "Flying Bread Crust" one, followed closely by the "Earthworm" fly. They cant leave these two alone.
-
Best trout fly is the "Flying Bread Crust" one, followed closely by the "Earthworm" fly. They cant leave these two alone.
:rotfl yep, and now you can add the " Nutty Nougat" to the list