ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => REEL TECH, SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE => Topic started by: hrogers on August 23, 2013, 08:51:10 AM
-
Hi UA - I need some advice please - Which way must the tension spring face - the tension spring (washer) is slightly bend ( Reel - Penn defiance 30)
The parts fit after the Drag star = 4 tension washers
-
I don't think it really matters. Just so long as they are not all arranged like this ---> ((((
Best would probably be )()( ??
Just make sure you test the drag after re-assembly to make sure it's working properly.
-
Thank you Reefman !
-
The Washers reefs , are talking about , must be together like 'Sanlam Hands'
On Shimmies , this leads to more wear and tear on the MAin shaft , causing a bit of play ...
-
The Washers reefs , are talking about , must be together like 'Sanlam Hands' ()
On Shimmies , this leads to more wear and tear on the MAin shaft , causing a bit of play ...
Those must be put together like () ()
-
Thanks Lenny. Learn something new everyday! :win:
-
Lucky I am on a good vibe with the local Reel guru AKA Jono .
leart it on the hard way to , fiddling with my reels , Also found this out only AFTER I had to replace the mainshaft , needless to say I will not be making this mistakes again .
PS , The Penn seem to have a double set , unlike the 20/40 or Speedy of Shimano that only has got one pair .
-
Thanks for the info Lenny - All the washers is now inserted as you descibed
never too old to learn !!