ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => DIY Rodbuilding => Topic started by: E.T. on July 24, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

Title: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 24, 2013, 01:07:15 PM
I do realize that I was a bit quiet for a while now, but I worked hard to finish on time for the Ufudu Show.

It was a great show and I came back with a few orders. Now I have a few rods and tubes left and they are going for a song.

I have two Gatti's in 4/5wt

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg.html)

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg.html)

Sage Xi2 8wt

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg.html)

Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Candy Apple Red Surf Popper

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg.html)


Rod Tubes

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5023Medium_zpsd006b945.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5023Medium_zpsd006b945.jpg.html)

For more photos and pricing please visit my blog.
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Lofty on July 24, 2013, 01:29:13 PM
hi,looking very good,some serias skills there...what is a surf popper..?And lenght,casting weights...etc. :udman: :tkx:
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Charles on July 24, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
hi,looking very good,some serias skills there...what is a surf popper..?And lenght,casting weights...etc. :udman: :tkx:
Nicky you can find more information here: http://roddesigns.blogspot.com/ (http://roddesigns.blogspot.com/)
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 24, 2013, 01:47:04 PM
hi,looking very good,some serias skills there...what is a surf popper..?And lenght,casting weights...etc. :udman: :tkx:


Purglass CQ300/3 in Candy Apple Red, 10 foot 4.oz, built in spinning configuration.
Perfect for throwing Plugs and Poppers up to 4 oz.
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Capt. Hook on July 24, 2013, 02:58:50 PM
Those Gatti Rods are the thing, absolutely brilliant rods. Best of the best
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: maganything on July 24, 2013, 03:05:38 PM
 
prices???
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Capt. Hook on July 24, 2013, 03:08:49 PM

prices???
At least Eina Pain, and more  :crzy
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 24, 2013, 03:14:26 PM

prices???


2 x Gatti FRD2 905-3TA with tube in white @ R2500 each plus shipping
1 x Sage Xi2 809-4 with tube @ R3500 plus shipping
1 x Scott Heliply G9010/3HP with tube @ R4500 plus shipping
I have a brand new Bauer JM4 loaded with Rio Saltwater 10wt Intermediate that I could throw in at R2000 to sweeten the deal.
1 x Purglass CQ300/3 Surf popper in Candy Apple Red 10ft 4 oz. fitted with Fuji K Series guides SiC Inserts @ R3500 plus shipping.
1 x Sage VXP 386-4 with tube featuring signature series caps @ R4500 plus shipping.


Then I have 2" Tubes for 9ft 4 piece rods (1-8wt) @ R550 (only 3 left)
Also have 2.5" Tubes for 9ft 4 piece rods (8-12wt) @ R650 (only 2 left)


For more details and snaps, please visit www.roddesigns.blogspot.com (http://www.roddesigns.blogspot.com)


Thanks for looking
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Capt. Hook on July 24, 2013, 03:15:53 PM
Bargain prices. Well done.
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Lofty on July 24, 2013, 03:17:29 PM
hi,looking very good,some serias skills there...what is a surf popper..?And lenght,casting weights...etc. :udman: :tkx:
Nicky you can find more information here: http://roddesigns.blogspot.com/ (http://roddesigns.blogspot.com/)
hi Maganything,check the site above...for pricing...
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: isivuba on July 24, 2013, 03:48:34 PM
wellcome back Koos......awesome looking rods  :win:
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 24, 2013, 03:56:43 PM
wellcome back Koos......awesome looking rods  :win:


Mike, I need to come out to you sometime. I want to come see that boat of yours up close and personal w;k
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: Werries on July 24, 2013, 04:56:00 PM
I can vouch ...Koos does fantastic work and these deals are hot! They wont be around long...
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: isivuba on July 24, 2013, 05:32:24 PM
wellcome back Koos......awesome looking rods  :win:


Mike, I need to come out to you sometime. I want to come see that boat of yours up close and personal w;k

Bud you know where I stay just give me a shout and your more than welcome.
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 25, 2013, 05:21:20 PM
Here are some specs on the rods...

Gatti 1

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg.html)

Pacbay Reelseat in Clear Annodizing
American Tackle TiCh Gold Zirconia Strippers
Pac Bay Chrome Snakes and Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Dessert Camo Nylon and Gudebrod Gold Trims
Plain Alu Trim on Butt

Gatti 2

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg.html)

Pacbay Reelseat in Black
Fuji BMNAG Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Red Pearsals Silk and Gudebrod Silver Trims
Black Alu Trim on Butt

Sage Xi2 8wt

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg.html)

Alps Triangular Seat in Gunsmoke Finish
BTRLS Typhoon Spin/Cast Guides with Blue Zirconia's as Strippers
Pac Bay Chrome Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Gudebrod Black NCP and Prowrap Blue Metallic Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

REC RFTS Seat
American Tackle NBRLVL Virtus Lite Saltwater Spinning & Casting Guides as Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Tidal Pool CF and Gudebrod Orange NCP Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Oak Burl with Superfine Cork Grip
Aluminium Cap and Ring in Black - Own Design
Fuji BMNAG Stripper and Original Snakebrand Guides
Pearsalls Green Silk for wraps

Candy Apple Red Surf Popper

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg.html)

Fuji Deluxe Spinning seat #22
Aluminium Trims Own Design and Machined Locally
Fuji K Series Guides with SiC inserts in Gunsmoke Finish
Fuji MNST Spin/ Cast Tip Top
Gudebrod Redfish Nylon to match Gudebrod Scarlet and Prowrap Red Metallic Trims
AJ454 Single Foot Hook Keeper
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on July 30, 2013, 10:29:28 AM
I do realize that I was a bit quiet for a while now, but I worked hard to finish on time for the Ufudu Show.

It was a great show and I came back with a few orders. Now I have a few rods and tubes left and they are going for a song.

I have two Gatti's in 4/5wt

This rod is Sold

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg.html)

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg.html)

Sage Xi2 8wt

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg.html)

Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Candy Apple Red Surf Popper

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg.html)


Rod Tubes

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5023Medium_zpsd006b945.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5023Medium_zpsd006b945.jpg.html)

For more photos and pricing please visit my blog.
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on August 12, 2013, 08:44:07 AM
Here are some specs on the rods...

Gatti 1

This rod is sold.

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4999Medium_zps41a845a9.jpg.html)

Pacbay Reelseat in Clear Annodizing
American Tackle TiCh Gold Zirconia Strippers
Pac Bay Chrome Snakes and Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Dessert Camo Nylon and Gudebrod Gold Trims
Plain Alu Trim on Butt

Gatti 2


This rod is no longer available as I donated it for a good cause.

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4994Medium_zpsa58f19e0.jpg.html)

Pacbay Reelseat in Black
Fuji BMNAG Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Red Pearsals Silk and Gudebrod Silver Trims
Black Alu Trim on Butt

Sage Xi2 8wt

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5006Medium_zpsa9a6167b.jpg.html)

Alps Triangular Seat in Gunsmoke Finish
BTRLS Typhoon Spin/Cast Guides with Blue Zirconia's as Strippers
Pac Bay Chrome Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Gudebrod Black NCP and Prowrap Blue Metallic Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

REC RFTS Seat
American Tackle NBRLVL Virtus Lite Saltwater Spinning & Casting Guides as Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Tidal Pool CF and Gudebrod Orange NCP Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Oak Burl with Superfine Cork Grip
Aluminium Cap and Ring in Black - Own Design
Fuji BMNAG Stripper and Original Snakebrand Guides
Pearsalls Green Silk for wraps

Candy Apple Red Surf Popper

This rod is no longer available.

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5018Medium_zps7a3c1289.jpg.html)

Fuji Deluxe Spinning seat #22
Aluminium Trims Own Design and Machined Locally
Fuji K Series Guides with SiC inserts in Gunsmoke Finish
Fuji MNST Spin/ Cast Tip Top
Gudebrod Redfish Nylon to match Gudebrod Scarlet and Prowrap Red Metallic Trims
AJ454 Single Foot Hook Keeper
Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on September 20, 2013, 09:40:45 AM
Morning guys,


I only have these two rods left.


Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

REC RFTS Seat
American Tackle NBRLVL Virtus Lite Saltwater Spinning & Casting Guides as Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Tidal Pool CF and Gudebrod Orange NCP Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Oak Burl with Superfine Cork Grip
Aluminium Cap and Ring in Black - Own Design
Fuji BMNAG Stripper and Original Snakebrand Guides
Pearsalls Green Silk for wraps

Please view www.roddesigns.blogspot.com (http://www.roddesigns.blogspot.com) for more pictures of the rods.

Both are priced at R4500 each, or make me an offer I can't refuse.


Thanks for looking.

Title: Re: Custom Rod Builds Going for a song....
Post by: E.T. on November 25, 2013, 03:31:15 PM
Hi guys,


I only have these two rods left.


Scott Heliply 9010/3HP

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF5014Medium_zpsc68c5c3c.jpg.html)

REC RFTS Seat
American Tackle NBRLVL Virtus Lite Saltwater Spinning & Casting Guides as Strippers
Pac Bay Black Snakes and Tip Top & Hookkeeper
Prowrap Tidal Pool CF and Gudebrod Orange NCP Trims
Grip and Butt done in Cork and Rubberized Cork

Sage VXP 386-4

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg) (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/KOOS_ECKARD/media/DSCF4987Medium_zpsd1ef517a.jpg.html)

Oak Burl with Superfine Cork Grip
Aluminium Cap and Ring in Black - Own Design
Fuji BMNAG Stripper and Original Snakebrand Guides
Pearsalls Green Silk for wraps

Please view www.roddesigns.blogspot.com (http://www.roddesigns.blogspot.com) for more pictures of the rods.

Make me an offer I can't refuse. Both were priced at R4500 each, but I am willing to negotiate.


Thanks for looking.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal