ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Jaybennie on May 11, 2013, 04:38:39 PM

Title: Assassin spinmaster 2x heavy
Post by: Jaybennie on May 11, 2013, 04:38:39 PM
Hi guys, I am looking at purchasing the Assassin Shoregame Spinmaster 2x heavy rod in the near future.
just a few questions;
Would a Sustain 8000 match up with this rod, or what reel do you recommend! I already have the Sustain 8000 and I am hoping to get away without buying a new reel as well!
The rod is rated as 2-5 oz. How well does it cast 2 oz? Which weight lure is the optimum for this rod?
Any info about the rod that you might think is useful, would be much appreciated!
Regards, and hope that your arms are stretched to capacity soon.
John :grk:
Title: Re: Assassin spinmaster 2x heavy
Post by: kls on May 13, 2013, 09:48:46 AM
Hi, the spin master is a great rod. the sustain 8000 will fit perfectly and throws a 3oz lure best but will throw a 2oz no problem. I work for iFish tackle wholesalers and we are the manufactures of the rod.
Title: Re: Assassin spinmaster 2x heavy
Post by: Jaybennie on May 13, 2013, 04:22:16 PM
Thanks Kls, I appreciate your input. Went and picked it up today - STOKED!
Title: Re: Assassin spinmaster 2x heavy
Post by: kls on May 13, 2013, 04:35:25 PM
great man enjoy
Title: Re: Assassin spinmaster 2x heavy
Post by: carll on July 08, 2013, 09:03:08 AM
Hi, the spin master is a great rod. the sustain 8000 will fit perfectly and throws a 3oz lure best but will throw a 2oz no problem. I work for iFish tackle wholesalers and we are the manufactures of the rod.

Hi

 I am looking at purchasing a new Spinning Rod and looked at The the Assassin  Amia ( 1-2 oz ) and the Assassin

Spinmaster 2x heavy rod. I cant makeup my mind .. lol ! Dont you think the Spinmaster is a bit over killed for spinning here in KZN ?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal