ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => Inshore Boating => Topic started by: Tommo on August 16, 2010, 08:42:40 PM
-
I have just come back from a week fishing in the (previously) Transkei. We had a lot of wind, both SW and NE and the water temperatures were very low, around 16 to 17 degrees most of the time. We did a lot of estuary fishing and caught some nice grunter etc, but very little action on artificial lures, due to the coldness of the water and the barometer hopping up and down like a yo-yo. One of the really interesting catches was a bonefish taken on a sardine drift bait by a friend of mine in the estuary, I was surprised as I have not heard of one being caught that far south, although Smith's does say that they occur as far south as PE. Anyone else have any records of bones being caught so far south?
-
And here is a pic of one of the grunter..
-
cool pics!
yup, seen a pic of one caught in the Swartkops River in PE on sand prawn!
great catches fshg
-
Great catches, Tommo. I don't know about the bonefish but the Grunter is a beauty. :thmsup"
-
Nice grunter that!
-
Awesome fish there Tommo!!! :happ:
-
Which rivers did you fish Tommo?
-
Those are both great fish! Exciting bit about the bonefish!!
-
Will this estuary become an alternative location to the Seychelles for bonefish - I wish!!!