ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => FW Fishing reports and Competitions => Topic started by: FLOPPY on February 25, 2013, 05:52:59 AM

Title: Time for Kurper.
Post by: FLOPPY on February 25, 2013, 05:52:59 AM
I know that here in South Africa our fishing season includes all the months anding in "R"
but my favourite time to catch Kurper (and that includes Barbel) is just before winter when these fish  go on a feeding frenzy to fatten up for their hybernation.

My favourite time for Kurper is from 1st March until end of April.

Go dig up some worms and have fun. Kurper is one of the better tasting fresh water fish as well.

Roodeplaat here I come!!!!!
Title: Re: Time for Kurper.
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 25, 2013, 08:15:54 AM
Very true Floppy during April the Kurper go crazy!
Title: Re: Time for Kurper.
Post by: poonsammy on February 25, 2013, 11:31:17 AM
where is good  kurper waters
Title: Re: Time for Kurper.
Post by: FLOPPY on February 25, 2013, 07:38:02 PM
Where ever Kurper occur. I like Roodeplaat. Alot of members warned me against eating out of that dam but I'm still here, Haha! (for now)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal