ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => FW Fishing reports and Competitions => Topic started by: poonsammy on February 11, 2013, 12:24:04 PM

Title: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: poonsammy on February 11, 2013, 12:24:04 PM
Hi Guys
How is Bronkies nature reserve fishing at the moment and how is the situation with the grass in the water.I have not fished there in years,what  are the best spots to fish?
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: zkadir on June 12, 2015, 08:07:07 AM
Hi Guys,

Has any been here recently? any updates on safety, cleanliness, ablutions facilities and most importantly, the fishing?

Many thanks
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 12, 2015, 09:54:06 AM
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: zkadir on June 12, 2015, 12:58:33 PM
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.

Hi WK,

Thanks

Don't see much happening on the site anymore regarding the papgooi scene?
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 12, 2015, 01:24:09 PM
No worries zk! Yeah, work has got me tied down. Only pap gooi'ed twice this year.
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: zkadir on June 12, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling! at least you did 1 better than me so far this year !

Scored a bumper December/January in Richards Bay off the dolices. But nothing doing with the dams this year!

Having withdrawal symptoms and ready to take on the cold weather, might try something this weekend.
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: Willie on June 12, 2015, 01:58:36 PM
I am going to gooi some  :mili:  at the Ngodwana dam close to Nelspruit. The weather is going to good up there so will see if I can get some barbel.
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: zkadir on June 12, 2015, 02:10:08 PM
 :tite Willie, get the  :sreel:
Title: Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
Post by: Willie on June 12, 2015, 02:14:01 PM
Thanks have been trying the dams around Pretoria but no success.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal