ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Dropshot fishing => Topic started by: Angler21 on July 02, 2012, 04:11:48 PM

Title: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Angler21 on July 02, 2012, 04:11:48 PM
Hi guys

I am venturing into the plastic bait discipline and was hoping to land a few Cob. I heard that paddletails offer the best strike rate but the person didnt advise as to which one is the preferred one?

Any advice?

thanks!!
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: REEFMAN on July 02, 2012, 04:14:55 PM
Noel, here is the definitive article on the subject (http://www.basilmanning.co.za/barry-s-blog/interesting-articles-written-by-barry-wareham/throwing-paddle-tails-jerk-shad-plastic-squid-and-flies-with-surf-spinning-gear.html), written by Barry Wareham...
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Angler21 on July 02, 2012, 04:24:53 PM
Thanks Tony!!
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Tommo on July 02, 2012, 04:55:53 PM
Great article by Barry, thanks for sharing Reefz. The McArthy 6"and 5" paddletails are also very popular in the Eastern Cape, where they are the preffered softbait for spinning for kob.
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: super_daav on July 03, 2012, 07:51:50 AM
Cannot seem to load the article but think it is an issue with Basil Manning site..
 
Working again it seems. Great article!
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Lenny on July 04, 2012, 10:37:42 AM
I only use the McArthy Paddle tails ,because thats the only proper one I can find in CPT ,  and will stick to them.
I dont fish from the surf anymore with them but have taken a few fish in Struis from the bricks with plastics .


What other options are there guys ?



Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Sailfish on November 03, 2012, 11:24:42 PM
I have been fishing the Reebok - Kleinbrak area quite a lot for Cob useing Paddeltails. after loosing quite a lot between the rocks had to make a plan. works like a bom an even uped my strike rate and fish-on.
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Lenny on November 04, 2012, 11:43:08 AM
Never seen something like this for Saltwater , But I am sure it works , makes one think of a Spinnerbait we use for Bass .
What Paddletail you got on there ? Storm ?
Title: Re: The preferred paddletail for Cob?
Post by: Gerhard on November 04, 2012, 02:00:51 PM
I have been fishing the Reebok - Kleinbrak area quite a lot for Cob useing Paddeltails. after loosing quite a lot between the rocks had to make a plan. works like a bom an even uped my strike rate and fish-on.


That looks interesting ...

Tell a bit more about your tactics when fishing for cob with this paddle tail?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal