ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => Inshore Boating => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on August 04, 2010, 01:53:34 PM
-
Hi guys, share your favourite and/or best fish caught in the rivers and estuaries of our awesome country :sa: here is a Springer i got in December in the Kariega River, it was 1.8kgs, not a record, but it was a first for me and I had been trying to get one for 2 years! Im still chuffed to this day!
-
Yes it's just a sandy (which are pests when you're in the surf swr ), but this is one of my more memorable catches of late, purely because of the fight it put up on light tackle. Pulling it up through the water column to the boat from the bottom of the channel was quite the task, with the rod bent to within a degree of its breaking point throughout. Knysna lagoon, bait - mudprawn, 94cm - 3.08kg SASAA
-
Great catches guys. Tyrrell, the spot where you got that sandy is walking distance from my house!
-
My biggest cob in the lagoon so far. 89cm 7.4kg SASAA. Tyrrell, look closely at the back ground. :1t:
-
That's a deadly spot for just about anything hey SAfish. Got a good species count right there, though I'm still waiting for my first Knysna kob. That's a beaut you've got there!
-
Great fish guys,
@ Tyrell that Sandy must of been a mission to land on the boat!
-
Tyrrell, I also got a 17kg Daimond there. It still had some poor okes handline attached to it. Imagine you're sitting there waiting for a Grunter and you feel the pick-up. Next moment you get "spooled". Anyway I had a tough time getting that hook out. I got it on my 7ft rod and Abu 6500 C3 loaded with 5,5kg Kingfisher. I was alone on the boat and had to take the boat out on a sand bank and land the fish there. Here is a photo of it. This season I want a beeg one. :fshstry
-
very nice guys, should be adding something to this as soon as i get my boat back in the water
-
SAfish, now THAT must've been a fight! It's always when you're fishing alone that you hook into the big boys hey. The oke who the handline belonged to must've been bleak about that...can only imagine the language! swr In April a friend that was fishing with me at that spot lost his wedding ring over the side, so took the co-ordinates and came back with a team of scuba divers to search for it. They were telling me that the bottom there was thick with diamonds. No luck with the ring, but they did retrieve a plug i lost to mother-earth the previous day. 1 -5 Sept i'll be sitting right there trying my luck once again
-
Thats a great fish to get from a boat SAFish (clap)
-
Thanks guys. That fish had me juggling like a circus clown but it was worth it. That one is still a baby; the largest one that I heard of weighed 88kg!! I can't wait for summer to arrive.
-
I prefer driving to a nice looking sandbank with the boat and hopping out and running up and down with a lure or a pocket full of prawns.... Has worked well for me so far :fshie
lekker fish that Gareth! did it jump and do flips?
what shirt is that you're wearing? >>cough cough<< duh
-
Thanks Chris, it tok off like a supercar did one small jump and that was about it! Still one of the biggest adrenaline rushes Ive had in a river!
-
haha cute :) I reckon it would smoke a garrick in a sprint
-
Yeah I think you are right especially a bigger one! Still couldnt believe how much power that springer had and it was still a baby :shk