Author
Topic: Carry cat 830 sportfisher  (Read 675 times)

Online shu vawda

• Cred: 0
Carry cat 830 sportfisher
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »
Good morning Fellow anglers.

As per one of my previous post on the 21ft butt cat rebuild, I mentioned that i had sold it a few months ago and now in the market for a new boat.

I have been looking around and the boat that has caught my eye is the Carry cat 830.Now i have been searching for reviews on this vessel as it is relatively new on the market but cannot seem to find  much info on it.Is there anyone who could assist in this regard?

Offline tkei

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 89
Re: Carry cat 830 sportfisher
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 03:08:16 pm »
Carrycat had some rough publicity in the cape over a few boats that broke up and had water logged foam etc, but then i also saw reports where this was caused by poor trailering and also poor engine installation. As always 3 sides to every story.
Otherwise they seem to be good boats, and quite a few (of the other models) here in the cape. Never been on one though.

Offline La Niņa

• Cred: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:14 pm »
Very happy with my 670 Carry Cat!! My Mate has a new 830 and its a beast, runs like a dream and a fishing machine!

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 119
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:09:34 am »
Fished on a few , 670 and was it a 760 ..
they seem to grow in popularity in Struis quickly , most are very impressed .i am sure putting away some cash for the future to buy on of the,
I know of a geecat owner that said , it was the best swop ever to,go,to a carrycat . ( I am not a fan of geecat .)

Also saw they launched another vessel . Saw it on fb of ig somewhere .

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 119
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:29 am »
You,should have a look on boatfishing .co.
They have write ups from owners on the smaller carrycats .

Online shu vawda

• Cred: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:01:42 am »
Thank you all for the replies.I am Hoping to do a test ride soon.Silan Naiker is the agent for carry cat in durban so i am arranging with him.I have seen his demo boat and the finishes look really good.I am sure it will be comfortable for a days fishing and also practical for the family.

The one thing that i wasnt sure about and need advise on is the outmounts.Te outmounts on this boat adds a whole lot more fishing space on the deck but the delima is...... Are these strong enough?Would i have a problem later on with these detaching from the hull?

Offline La Niņa

• Cred: 1
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:18 am »
Thank you all for the replies.I am Hoping to do a test ride soon.Silan Naiker is the agent for carry cat in durban so i am arranging with him.I have seen his demo boat and the finishes look really good.I am sure it will be comfortable for a days fishing and also practical for the family.

The one thing that i wasnt sure about and need advise on is the outmounts.Te outmounts on this boat adds a whole lot more fishing space on the deck but the delima is...... Are these strong enough?Would i have a problem later on with these detaching from the hull?
They actually hull extentions and not outmounts, there are a few of these boats in cape town that have been running for a couple of years and taking on some pretty sh1tty weather and big loads of fish and they have not failed!