Author
Topic: Jeffriesbay  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Monster

• Cred: 8
Jeffriesbay
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »
Hi Gents

I am on my way to Jeffries and would like to catch something this time....any assistance would be appreciated. Apparently you can hire TJ for a day. Would this be worth it?

Thank you 

Offline Visenvryheid

Re: Jeffriesbay
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:51:00 pm »
Does a fish swim? Either T or J will teach you more in a day than most of us know..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:57:35 pm by Visenvryheid »

Offline Monster

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:42 am »
Thank You! I popped them a mail for some guidance or maybe a guided day.

Offline Monster

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »
Hi Gents

I went out on two morning sessions with Allan. He is friend of the T & J at the shop and an amazing angler and teacher. It often happens that people keep their secrets close to their harts. Allan was an exception to this rule and gladly showed me the ropes.  The weather was a big problem with lots of wind and very limited fishing time. As a result of the guiding I  managed to catch a couple of fish at least and I am sure we could have done better given more time at the water. Timing was also critical. Fish where only active between first light and sunrise. Once the sun popped its head out baits would come back as we put them out. I say we because even though I fished Allan was giving advice every step of the way.  We managed to land
    Two elf one each hook of a two hook trace
      2x Barbel
      1x lesser Sand shark
      Sting ray( spikey)

On the last day a penguin came past so we also managed to rescue a penguin.
      All and all a great week of rest.

Offline Visenvryheid

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:15:31 pm »
Thanks for the feedback...tough fishing is tough fishing..but at least you got a few and learned some tricks from a pro..timing and all the small details! Gotta be around when the fish are but still lekker to come home with a fry when all everyone else caught was a suntan.

Offline brucec

• Cred: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 04:42:23 pm »
I was there for the long weekend during June 2016.I had Josh from TJ as a guide.It was the best weekends fishing of my life & worth every cent spent.Caught 6 different species on the Saturday. Finished with my PB fish on Sunday evening- a steenie of 14.88kg.My wife & I are going again in October and have already discussed with Theo who will be guiding me.I hope for toothy critters this time.It's far to drive from JHB for a long weekend and bugger around without professional guides.

Offline Visenvryheid

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 01:16:53 am »
Lesson learned the easy way!

Josh is now harassing the innocent fish of a very exclusive tropical atoll..on a multi year contract as he is just such a champion! Fixing reels and putting the rich and famous onto fish now. Nice when the good guys get the good luck. So if you got him for a day while you could.. :) But ja if you have one or two fishing days in a place with professional guides and good but difficult fishing, it's a no brainer. His dad taught him how to fish and has all the trophies, and you can still book him.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:17:09 am by Visenvryheid »

Offline Visenvryheid

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 01:28:34 am »
I remember spinning one day, catching leeries, josh was fishing down the drag with a client..I got a few fish..wasn't watching him, he hooked up and I look over to see him fighting this fish (on grinder so I wasn't sure what he was after)..not long and he is in the gulley having landed the fish and I run a few rocks over to see what he has..I'm quite short sighted so can't really make out what he is holding..so shout over for him to lift it up, so he does, its big but I still can't see what he has, looks like a good size leerie..Next thing the surge drains from the gulley and there is this HUUUUUUGE bronzie lying there and he is holding the top lobe of its tail! That was the grey thing that I saw and couldn't make out what fish it was hahaha! That shark was over 2 meters long...its fins were bigger than the fish I was catching. Ja..a professional guide is worth the bucks.

Offline brucec

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 11:42:39 am »
We were there from 6th - 9th October as previously mentioned.Also had Allan as a guide due to Theo fishing international in Namibia.What an awesome guide - friendly,knowledgable,eager to teach.

Caught a 12/15kg smoothhound plus a catfish on Friday 6th.

On Saturday we fished from about 4H20 till 13H30.Caught 1 x grey pup,6 Bronzie pups,a nice kabeljou that got braaied that evening.

On Sunday we fished till 15H20, it was really miserable - cold & windy.I caught 3 Natal sized shad,5 bronzie pups and a shy shark.Alan decided to fish as well and caught a 84cm kabeljou that also went home with him.

Offline Ziggy

• Grunter hunter - Ultimate photoshopper
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 181
  • Teeth that bite!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 12:20:50 pm »
.........I caught 3 Natal sized shad..................

What size is that? We have shad of all sizes here.....just like anywhere else...... :dunno:

Offline brucec

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »
2 were about 20cm (Natal size) and the last was about 35cm.They might grow as I tell my family about the weekend   :fshn:  :dunno: