Author
Topic: Bass Hunting at Roodekoppies  (Read 525 times)

Offline TackleandCamp

• Cred: 0
Bass Hunting at Roodekoppies
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:13:31 am »
Hey all

Im going hunting at Roodekoppies this weekend for some Bass. Any info on this dam? :tkx:

Offline Big B

• Barry
  • Ultimate member
  • Cred: 19
  • I am a fish-a-holic!
Re: Bass Hunting at Roodekoppies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 10:31:29 am »
Fished there about 5 years ago, lots of crocs, and lots of structure, good quality fish in the dam, sure you will get fish.
Lets go FISHING!

Offline TackleandCamp

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:55:08 pm »
Well Big B i hope so.

:tite

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 80
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 08:50:59 pm »
Sorry, only saw this now.

Anyhow did you manage to boat/land some?

When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!

Offline TackleandCamp

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:59:26 am »
This weekend

We left Pretoria @5 and arrived 6:30. Quickly launched the boat and got to a early start, Just to mention this was my first time here....
The dam was full and the sun was shining exceptionally well. We went out this one little sloepie at about 10 underneath a fish eagles nest and fished there for about an hour or two. in which we caught 2 fooshies. 1x700Grams and 1x600 We then let for the dam wall and from this point the story is way to boring to tell.....

Sunday morning we woke up to a lovely mist over the dam which was so thick i could not see the other tents 30m away. We waited it out and proceeeded to launch. Out to another sloepie we went and caught a 600Grams there. This was it for the entire weekend. Some locals shared some baits and tricks with us but i managed to not find the keepers.

Most input was that i was fishing too fast but i was actually dead sticking most of the time.

So bad weekend on this one but will maybe go again.

TC out :tite

Offline LGF

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 80
  • One flew into the Cuckoo's nest
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:38:03 pm »
In early Jan, that pond was ablaze, caught fish in the dozens, most over 1,4, remember on one morning I left the spot where my first cast delivered a 1,94 and every other cast thereafter something in that region to go look for bigger fish.

Three following trips one could noticeably see how the bites and the sizes slowly became fewer and smaller. There are some places where thereís big humps and those can deliver fish, sometimes one has to sit there what seems like forever to get fish, then the next time, itís nuts. After the massive influx of water last month things however changed and Iím sure youíll battle to get them there. That dam has always (in my and many othersí opinion) had the reputation of being a tough cookie to crack.

At least you got fish, can recall many trips that ended up with no 1 single bite, let alone fish.
When I die, will somebody please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend, don't need to do or say anything, just stand there!