Author Topic: Henties Bay 2017!!!  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Boteszzz

• Cred: 0
Henties Bay 2017!!!
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:08:47 pm »
Hi guys, newbie on the forum, my name is Zack and wanted find out if there are any recent fishing reports on Hentiesbay?
We are leaving for Henties on the 28/01/2017 finally after literally years of saving, planning ect. If there is anyone who could assist with some GPS coordinates or spots that we can try in the three weeks we will be there. I am planning to target all edible species and try my best at landing a big toothy too.
Tackle will include: Setup #1
                            Shimano Beast Master Surf Pro 8-9oz
                            Daiwa BG50 600m braid + 0.50mm 290m

Setup # 2
                            Sensation Shad pro 12ft
                            Daiwa Sealine 50SH 0.40mm

Any tips and advise will be appreciated
Thank you
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. . .

Offline MIKE PIKE

• "The Mongoose"
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 192
Re: Henties Bay 2017!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:14:50 pm »
 :welc: Boteszzz , best one to chat to is AndriesH ,  he is on the site now and then , hopefully you can get hold of him before you go to Henties .Easiest way to get hold of him is to check on the members and see if you can get his email and contact him that way .

Offline Boteszzz

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
 :+ cred: Thanx Mike Pike will do! This trip is a dream coming true, hopefully we get some pulls!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. . .

Offline MIKE PIKE

• "The Mongoose"
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 192
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »
No problem , if you click on his name it will show his profile + email addy , hope its still the same one he uses , hope you get some great fish up that way as well , good luck and enjoy . also do a search on Henties and it should bring up people that have fished there with reports etc .

Offline FishStyx

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 44
  • I fish, therefore I am.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:53:08 am »
 :welc:  Look fwd to hearing about the trip on your return.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Online WalkersKiller

• Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Cred: 365
  • Conservation First!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:34:41 am »
 :welc: :welc:

Offline baber101

• Nothing beats a day fishing
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:24:50 am »
also try an get hold of Simen, he stays there and is part of the Namibia angling team.

Offline Don1234

• Cred: 11
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 11:03:30 am »
Boteszzz its very difficult to explain the spots when its your first time at Henties. The best thing to do is to get a good gillie to just show you the places and ropes. The best guy I know is Johannes. He will find you fish when know one does. I have a cell no if you are interested. The gps points are all approximate and the holes keep on changing. Most areas are well marked so you will find them. Name boards on the road. Mile 72 is a good place to start for all edibles. Work the whole area in front of the campsite. Starting from the south. For sharks you don't have to drive a long way. Find a rip in the Fanie se Rooi lorrie area and put big smelly baits in the outgoing rip. If you find a smallish live cob slide that. 

Offline Half-Pint

• CHAMPION ANGLER 2014
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 221
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 11:07:40 am »
I would definitely recommend getting a guide. Pointless to spend all that time and money getting there only to cheap out on a good guide. Just look at every TV angling show, when the guys fish new areas they ALWAYS have a local to show them the ropes

Offline Don1234

• Cred: 11
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »
Agree Half I have been going to Henties since 1989. And I sometimes still take a man just to go and show me where the fish is coming out. Even if it's only for a day or two.

Offline colin

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 05:12:23 pm »
 :welc: :uarocks   Hi Zac ?? I will be at Henties from 5 to 18 Feb. Normally go later in the year . We Stayed at St Nowhere last year in March,  but only started catching during the last week. There was a strong sulphur smell off the sea. We often travel north to Blaare , Winston, 108 , Adri se Gat, the fence, This year will probably stay closer to HB.

I find as a toppie that my Poseidon 14'/ Daiwa sl50  /or Grandwave 50 with heavier line gets heavy after 6/10 hours fishing. Mostly use a 13 '3/4 oz with sl30sh or 12' 5oz sl50 . I find as the day gets later the younger guys with big rods stop chirping me, :resp:   as the lighter rods come into their own .

Would be great to meet and chat, but my hooligan mates :frid :nuts:  come with a health warning :hehe: and the Skubbe bar is a regular haunt . :toppie: 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:13:16 pm by colin »
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline isivuba

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 265
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 05:52:33 pm »
Been there last in 2006 but like the other guys said try and get some local help.....the Skubbe bar at the car wash is a good start and get up early and I mean early. This time of the year is a excellent time to go, and a "tip" you do not have to cast 150m to catch the big ones  w;k  but it does help in some areas.

Man I wish we could make a  :ult:  trip to Hentties.  :rck"

Offline Boteszzz

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 07:22:13 pm »
@ ALL thanks a million for the great info given total respect for the guys trying to help the newbies!!!

@ Don, thanks will certainly get hold of a guide, can you please PM me your contacts number will give him a shout.

@Colin, will definitely meet up with you and your squad skoonpa already told me many tales of nights at skubbe wil make a couple of cold ones and maybe wet a line if our plans correspond !

Question, what water clarity should I look for if we wanted to throw some bucktails and paddletails and what retrieve do you use for cob?

Thanks again

Offline Boteszzz

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 10:11:41 am »
10 Days till departure!!!  Days pass slower and slower as time goes on, any new news on the area?? What are the essentials what should not be forgotten for the trip remember it will be my first trip? Regards

Offline colin

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 02:22:11 pm »
Hi Boteszzz, . You will no doubt have all the fishing equipment. Something for shade is nice to have . A hat that covers the neck , the sun comes up behind you. I always have a small shovel to dig the vehicle out if you get stuck but also to cover the dead seals that wash up and stink to high heaven , It takes 2 min and makes a big difference. A tow rope . Mats or old carpets for the loose sand .   10 lit water.
Take at least one spare fishing outfit on each trip for breakages.
Beware of the guy you have to buy your fishing license from  w;k [size=78%], he likes to ask for your birth certificate and watch you panic[/size] :hehe: [/size][size=78%] , he is joking[/size] (bat
good luck  :toppie:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline Big B

• Barry
  • Ultimate member
  • Cred: 19
  • I am a fish-a-holic!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:12:46 am »
No report, tell us what happened on this trip, any luck with fish?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:54:23 am by Big B »
Lets go FISHING!