Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 What are the differences between the Daiwa 20 exceler and the 17 exceler?

Author Topic: What are the differences between the Daiwa 20 exceler and the 17 exceler?  (Read 140 times)

Offline PRENO

• Cred: 5
Hi Guys

I have seen these two Daiwa exceler ranges in the tackle shop.
Is there any difference except for the color?
I am not too clued up with these.
Thank you

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 02:23:16 PM by PRENO »
Family is happiness

Offline CRANKMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 58
I have about 10 Diawa Excelers, all in the smaller sizes (2500 - 4000). Some are probably at least 15 years old, others a bit newer, but none are the latest models (LT series I think). I noticed a few small changes in the colours and the cut outs in the spools over the years, but not much else. I'm not aware of the 20 and 17 numbers but will check mine out tonight to see if they have some mention of it. They are my favorite fresh water spinning reels.
>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

Offline PRENO

With the application of the novel Zaion V composite material, DAIWA was able to design the latest generation of the highly successful Exceler LT series considerably stronger and lighter than ever before. The distortion-proof Zaion V material offers markedly improved toughness going along with reduced weight at the same time. By using this material, the gear is securely housed in the reel body and cares for a silky-smooth running.Due to the LT design combined with the Tough Digigear the retrieving power and power transmission are elevated, which results in a prolonged lifespan. The ATD drag works without starting resistance and offers enormous drag power. The longcast ABS spool made of Air aluminum with optimized spool rim reduces friction when casting, enabling you to reach greater distances. The aluminum handle is straightly attached to the reel body.

FEATURES
LT (Light & Tough)
  • Zaion V® body
  • 5 ball bearings
  • Zaion V® Air Rotor®
  • TOUGH DIGIGEAR®
  • ATD™ drag system
  • Infinite Anti-Reverse®
  • Aluminum Air spool
  • Screw in CNC cut aluminum handle
  • Hi-Grip handle knob
  • AIR BAIL®
Family is happiness

Offline PRENO

Exceler LT is one of the latest generation of reels based on the LT or Light Tough concept - lighter, stronger and more compact than ever before. It also incorporates Daiwa's innovative technologies such as Tough Digigear, ATD, Air Rotor and Air Bail, making it one of our most technically advanced reels that deliver at a great price and class-leading performance.

Features:

LT Concept - an evolution in design to suit the new generation of PE/Braid lines for higher line and drag capacity, stronger gearing, improved handling and increased performance.
Tough Digigear - New generation Tough Digigear is 50% stronger than previous Digigear II thanks to increased diameter main gears combined with an increase in individual gear teeth size.
Airspool ABS - our newly designed AL Airspool is up to 30% lighter than previous generations. The newly redesigned spool lip has improved overall castability.
ATD - our ATD drag system is the best in the business. Reduced start-up inertia protects delicate and thin lines from the aggressive strikes of fish.
Air Bail - featuring a hollow, tubular bail arm for maximum rigidity and strength with minimum weight. The protrusion-free design works to eliminate line tangles during the retrieve.
Air Rotor- the innovative design and construction work to reduce weight, stress and flexing, whilst enhancing transmission of vibration and allowing the rotor to spin with perfect balance.
Twistbuster - featuring a tapered line roller that offsets line twist and greatly improves line management
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:11:43 PM by PRENO »
Family is happiness

Offline PRENO

Hi Crankman

This is what I found, the Daiwa 20 was on the Daiwa Scandinavia site.
Family is happiness

Offline CRANKMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 58
Are they both available locally?
>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

Offline PRENO

Yes, they are. I saw them in the tackle Shop, didn't know which one to get

Family is happiness