Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Fishing at Winkels

Author Topic: Fishing at Winkels  (Read 1274 times)

Offline hrogers

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 23
Fishing at Winkels
« on: March 20, 2019, 11:41:52 PM »
I went on a boat cruise from Durban to Mozambique Portuguese     island from 4 - 8 March - so we stay another 5 days at Winkels for fishing.

9 March - caught 2 large spot pompanos and one lost shad
10 March - Nothing to report
11 March - Caught one Grunter of 42 cm more to Ilovo river side
12 Went to Tugela for 2 days - Day 1 caught one milky shark and one small cob - both fishes was released  - Water was very brown due to rain
                                                  Day 2 - Went after breakfast to Zimkwazi hope for better water, water was also brown - Manages to caught one cob of 40 cm
14 March - Back to Winkels and decided to catch again closer to Ilovo river side.
                 One small Grunter was caught just after the sun set, The line broke off while trying to get the hook out- release the Grunter with hook inside.
15 March - last day of fishing - Early morning back at the same spot - When arrived the Grunter that was caught and released was washed onshore and crabs had a feast on it - i looked inside the fish if i could retrieve my lost hook - nothing - hook was missing
Fishes was not very eager to bite and I got frustrated - later I decided to go and fillet the Grunter that was washed onshore - Not long and I was on !
I was fighting the fish for nearly 10 minutes when the line was or broken or bitten off and it was goodbye for the fish. (Not sure if edible fish will take grunter fillet)
We still managed to caught the following species that day : Lemonfish = 40 cm and cave bass of 38 cm.
And we had another run on sardine bait but we could not stop the fish - line was also broken off
I will post the photos later on

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:57:42 AM by hrogers »

Offline hrogers

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 23
Re: Fishing at Winkels
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
Photos : Cave bass - 38 cm
             Grunter 42 cm
             Lemonfish 40cm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal