Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Hunting Jozini Tigers my Style

Author Topic: Hunting Jozini Tigers my Style  (Read 15454 times)

Offline Tommo

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 220
Re: Hunting Jozini Tigers my Style
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 09:58:03 AM »
Brilliant post, thank you.

Out of interest, I found when fishing drop shot style for tigers in the Zambezi, that my hook up rate increased dramatically when I added a trap hook. Just a short steel trace from the eye of the leadhead hook, with a sharp, light gauge hook on the other The hook should be in line with the tail of the soft bait. More than 50% of my fish were taken on the trap hook.
On that part of the river the bottom is sandy, with little to snag up on, so one can literally drag the lure along the bottom with just the spoeed of the drift of the boat and give it little twitches. This seems to be deadly for the big tigers in particular!

Offline Capt. Hook

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 338
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
Brilliant post, thank you.

Out of interest, I found when fishing drop shot style for tigers in the Zambezi, that my hook up rate increased dramatically when I added a trap hook. Just a short steel trace from the eye of the leadhead hook, with a sharp, light gauge hook on the other The hook should be in line with the tail of the soft bait. More than 50% of my fish were taken on the trap hook.
On that part of the river the bottom is sandy, with little to snag up on, so one can literally drag the lure along the bottom with just the spoeed of the drift of the boat and give it little twitches. This seems to be deadly for the big tigers in particular!

Trap hook do improve the hook ups, but at Jozini there is a lot of weed and structure that also get improved hook ups so I have chosen to leave them off.

Offline CLS

• Born to fish forced to work.
  • Ultimate member
  • Cred: 114
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
Thanks for the lead Mike, will give it a go in 3 weeks time.
A bad days fishing is better than sitting at home moping.

Offline Capt. Hook

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 338
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »
Good luck, will be there the week before you. Hope to get plenty  :tgr:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal