Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Am report on our East Coast from Gonubie to Kei

Author Topic: Am report on our East Coast from Gonubie to Kei  (Read 167106 times)

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 69
  • Gonubie
Re: Am report on our East Coast from Gonubie to Kei
« Reply #500 on: May 03, 2021, 09:04:23 AM »
 :-) Mornings Folks , ...Saturday I got down to my spot at 09h30 and low was at 12h30..water looked pretty good, colour and temp was spot on...not the right time of day for kobbie on spoon BUT always nice to scope ones spot out at a different time of day...although it was a neap tide sea , the water was a bit up and a westerly surge was running...what i did notice that the shallows was teeming with bait fish and then when i went down on Sunday at 11h00 water was even better but the baro had topped out at 1029hpk and it was now dead steady....the shallows and gullies had tons of small shad zipping about and with that in mind i was thinking , must be a kobbie about....[/size]BUT alas , nothing...time of the day and we now look to the coming weekend and early AM outgoing tides...stay tuned...
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline REEFMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 766
« Reply #501 on: May 03, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Good luck Kent!  :fshn:

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #502 on: May 03, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Good luck Kent!  :fshn:
w;k Ja..lekker Boss...so nice to see almost normal conditions and looking at the systems coming along our coast for the coming weekend as well as tides that look "balanced"...
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #503 on: May 06, 2021, 08:33:11 AM »
 w;k Mornings Folks..well , I popped down to my spot yesterday afterwork for a 45 minute session and it really did look good..water colour...temp and no surge ...only thing that did me in was the sudden drop in barometer...kobbies do not like a sudden dropping baro..I could see the coastal low approaching ..It was great to get in a midweek session and the weekend really looks promising with great tides....will give an updated forecast here tomorrow....
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #504 on: May 07, 2021, 10:32:40 AM »
 :fshn: Mornings Folks , well we got an east at the moment and a coastal low about to come past and the baro has dropped...

Tomorrow the west will puff and hopefully this warms the water a bit and cleans it up nicely again...tomorrow sees you with a low at 08h23 and on Sunday at 08h51..

Both mornings very nice outgoing to low tides ,

Your window will be Sunday morning , although the west may be a tad stiff still then BUT the baro will be rising nicely as that high pressure ridges in ..

We on a dark moon spring approaching so please be aware as that tide bottoms out and then starts to push...

Spots to look out for will be Glen Gariff ..Bulugha point IF the west does not puff to stiff and of course Cintsa point BUT watch that tide as she turns ,,dont get caught on that point as the tide rushes in...

Well Folks , tight lines and just go fish!!...

I will be throwing spoon for kobbies both mornings...stay tuned
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #505 on: May 08, 2021, 09:01:00 AM »
Mornings Folks..some feedback after this mornings session....joh the water is FREEZING , that east from yesterday did the water no favours at all...colour still not too bad and the sea was not up..so not sure when that big swell predicted will come in BUT this west today should bring that warmer water in and then just maybe we can have a look tomorrow morning early again...
[/size]
[/size]Stay tuned , will post updates later today on conditions...
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #506 on: May 10, 2021, 02:33:22 PM »
 :clwn Afternoon Folks...this past weekend was really good to scope my spot out again on a decent tide and clean clear water...it was chilly , the water , and that is what I fear kept the kobbies away...

I get asked time and again...why just spoon?...and why just kob??...and why just over bricks?...

Well , for me its actually NOT about the hook up...kob with spoon over sand has been "dragged" to death.. :hehe: ..sorry for the pun...intended...AND why would kob NOT hunt in and around the bricks??.....

Well over the last 20 odd years Ive proved this over n over again....

Its all about the process ...and it starts on the Monday..looking at the weather systems...watching the water ..looking at the tides and the anticipation is stuff jet fuel is made of!!!..

For me , I like the "friendship" one develops with your spot(s) and the journey as you get to know them...I hadent fished my top spot for about 6 months and when I got to them last weekend it was like visiting an ole friend and then again this weekend...and for me its my spot..it speaks to me...and yes ..other fisherman fish there at times ...BUT..they dont fish it and communicate with it like I do... w;k ..My wife always says ..how can you call it MY spot??..well it is!!... :hnthnt: ...

I love getting down there and just chilling for say 5 odd minutes ..take in the smells , sounds and sights..

Then...that first cast as a loosener as that light breaks the dark is what its all about!!!..

the smooth swing..the SL humming as that spool spins on its sealed bearings ...the DS spoon hits the water without even a splash and you just know the entry is sweet...

You tack up the bit of slack and get the spoon up to attack speed and your senses are ALL tuned to what your rod tip is doing and how your spoon is swimming....

The bite??...couldnt tell you...BUT you will KNOW when that kobbie is ON!!...

Tap..is it a kobbie??...
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #507 on: May 14, 2021, 11:03:29 AM »
 :fshn: Mornings Folks , well we heading into an iffy weekend for fishing...coming off of a dark moon spring and the low tides are midday and that is always awkward for most spots along our east coast..[/size]Saturday you have a low at 11h34 and on Sunday at 12h05..So both mornings are early AM high tides ...As you look at the synoptic that cold front approaching will hit us proper on Sunday and the west will pump early on Sunday morning...Saturday will be your best window of opportunity as the winds will be very light and variable...Water doesnt look too bad and the temp should be around the 17 mark...Will have a follow up look at conditions later on during the day ...Stay tuned...
Just GO FISH!!!

Offline Kent

• Ultimate member
  • Gonubie
« Reply #508 on: May 21, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
 w;k Mornings Folks ...while CT has taken a battering with the past 2 cold fronts and one about to smash them again , we here on the east coast are now getting battered by a VERY stiff west wind...Sooo..its gonna blow gale here today and then ease off tomorrow...during tomorrow the baro will start to rise as that high ridges in behind and I think that Sunday AM will be the window...Showing light air and with an early AM out going low tide it might just be what the fishing doctor orderd...Tight lines and stay tuned ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:38:21 PM by Kent »
Just GO FISH!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal