Author
Topic: z claw  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Da hook

• Da Hook
  • Cred: 0
z claw
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:25:52 am »
Hallo Everybody

I would like to know if anybody knows where i can get z claw lures in Port Elizabeth.

Offline peterblace

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 76
Re: z claw
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:01:24 pm »
I bought them in the past from http://www.lureshop.co.za/
although site is down owner was Rolfe (I guess a member here in UA...allsorts)

Offline xtc

• Cred: 13
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:22:52 pm »
Hi there

You wont unfortunately find the original z claw in any store in South Africa. The ones that are similar, the z killer, you should be able to find in PE - hook line and sinker had a few the last time I looked. Otherwise do as per message above and contact Rolfe - he does bring in a few originals from time to time at a fair price - otherwise ebay / online Japanese stores - if you catch me on a big drinking day I might be persuaded to let one go but - no scratch that, even then its unlikely

Offline error

• Cred: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:25:08 am »
XTC in your opinion how do they compare to Z Killers?

Offline xtc

• Cred: 13
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 07:03:50 pm »
I'm  a huge z claw fan - basically nothing that swims in a river cant be targeted with it - (have even used it for barbell in a dam) - they are not cheap though - for me its well worth the price - the first or one of the first I lost years ago was taken by a skippie that jumped and landed on my leader line. I remember immediately phoning Rolfe to send replacements whilst still waist deep in the water and before even winding my line in - it was also the last time I ordered one at a time - before I gave up on nanofil as an option I also casted off a few, some I swam to fetch and one or two came floating back to me when the tide turned - for me its a must have lure, is it the only top water lure that works, for sure no.

The Z killer - did a lot of testing in the beginning, if I recall there were 4 or 5 different initial versions / options. Focussing on grunter / leerie / cob and bream these were narrowed down to 1 lure that became the z killer. Somewhere along the line the z killer became branded as something else. I am not sure if this was only a name change or whether other changes were made to the lure itself. But the Z killer as it was is a good lure that for sure works in EC estuaries.

Offline error

• Cred: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 04:14:12 pm »
Thanks! ;)

Offline Fishersteve

• Cred: 14
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 07:12:29 pm »
Hi there

You wont unfortunately find the original z claw in any store in South Africa. The ones that are similar, the z killer, you should be able to find in PE - hook line and sinker had a few the last time I looked. Otherwise do as per message above and contact Rolfe - he does bring in a few originals from time to time at a fair price - otherwise ebay / online Japanese stores - if you catch me on a big drinking day I might be persuaded to let one go but - no scratch that, even then its unlikely

I caught Curt On a sober day and he obliged. :hehe: Still have it and it caught me doubs.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:43:03 pm by Fishersteve »